Log into your member profile to access workgroup information, legislative updates, Nebraska pharmacy statutes and regulations, and Federal laws and regulations.
Advocating on your behalf, the NPA works on the following government issues that directly affect the profession of pharmacy:
- provides information on issues such as pharmacist provider status, HIPAA, third-parties, patient safety, Medicaid, and Compounding (USP 795/797), and Medicare to pharmacists, consumers, and policymakers.
- educates employers and policymakers about third-party issues and mail order and their impact on community pharmacy in Nebraska.
- collaborates with other Nebraska health care provider groups on issues that impact health care and the patients we serve.
- collaborates with national pharmacy organizations (NCPA, ASHP, NACDS, APhA, ASCP, and NASPA) to promote the value of pharmacists.
- discusses pharmacy issues with Nebraska's Congressional Delegation, Nebraska State Senators, the Governor, and the Attorney General.
The Nebraska Medical Marijuana Initiative will appear on the ballot in Nebraska as an initiated constitutional amendment on November 3, 2020. The ballot measure would add an article to the Nebraska Constitution to legalize medical marijuana. Led by NPA member, Jim Wilson, RP, this group meets to evaluate the provisions of the ballot initiative.
Transitions of Care
How can we improve transitions of care in Nebraska? Led by Board of Directors Network Chair, Mackenzie Farr, PharmD, this group meets to discuss possible solutions.
Did you know? Every pharmacy must provide access to all reference materials appropriate for the accurate, efficient, and safe practice of pharmacy or any specialty practice of pharmacy in the facility. These references must also be up-to-date and available at all times. You can find these references by searching online, but why do that when you can order the NPA Pharmacy Law Manual? This manual contains the Nebraska statutes and regulations which pertain to the practice of pharmacy. It is organized by topic and indexed to assist you with your law questions. For ease of use, each section contains statutory information followed by the supporting regulations on topics such as pseudoephedrine, fees, technicians, controlled substances, and more. To order a Nebraska Pharmacy Law Manual, click here.