Education & Events
Throughout the year, the NPA offers continuing pharmacy education via live seminars, webinars, or home study lessons. For more information about these programs, contact NPA Finance & Marketing Manager, Diane Webb, at 402-420-1500.
Continuing Education Programs & Events
- Education & Events Calendar
- Home Study & Live CPE Webinars
- Nebraska Mortar & Pestle
- 15 hours of free CPE with NPA membership
In Case You Missed It!
- Let's Talk Marketing with Firespring
Presented by Kiersten Hill, Strategist & Director for Marketing Solutions, Firespring
March 9, 2023 - Recorded Meeting Link & Presentation Slides
- The Safety Dance: Balancing HCP and Patient Safety with LTC Pen Needle Use
Presented by Casey Pflieger, Director of Retail Sales, Owen Mumford
November 8, 2022 - Recorded Meeting Link
- Caring for Dialysis Patients: What Pharmacists Need to Know
Presented by J. Scott McMullen, RPh, BCPS, Clinical Pharmacist Practitioner, Kidney/Pancreas Transplant Program, Nebraska Medicine/University of Nebraska Medical Center.
August 25, 2022 - Recorded Meeting Link & Presentation Slides
- Now, What Do I Do with That? How to Dispose of Medications at Your Pharmacy
Wanda Voight, BSN, RN, from Sharps Compliance, presents information on properly disposing of unused or expired medications in your pharmacy. Learn the most cost-effective ways to dispose of different types of waste, including an inventory of controlled substances, biohazardous waste (vaccine and testing), and hazardous waste pharmaceuticals.
July 13, 2022 - Recorded Meeting Link & Presentation Slides
- PDMP, HIE, and SDoH, Oh My! – Improving Patient Care through Better Information
Dr. Kevin Borcher, Vice President of Pharmacy Informatics with CyncHealth, presents information on Nebraska's Prescription Drug Monitoring Program including the benefits, how to use it, and how pharmacists, pharmacist interns, and pharmacy technicians can register to reap the system's benefits. He also provides an overview of the Health Information Exchange and Social Determinants of Health platforms and how pharmacists can utilize that information.
May 29, 2022 - Recorded Meeting Link
- Workplace Environment - Lessons Learned from Michigan Pharmacists Association's Task Force
Rony Foumia, RPh, with chain experience as a pharmacist and manager who led the Michigan Pharmacists Association (MPA) solutions-based task force on improving the workplace environment, shares real solutions for you and your employer to improve your workplace environment.
May 24, 2022 - Recorded Meeting Link