Summer Student Internships
Non-Direct Patient Care
The Nebraska Pharmacists Association has two virtual unpaid internship positions available for pharmacy students at an Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) accredited pharmacy program. During this 4-week program, students will be able to meet with two individuals from managed care, industry research and development, industry commercial, industry medical, and medical information fields of pharmacy practice. There will also be an opportunity for the student intern to choose two additional fields of interest outside or in addition to the list. The goal of this internship is to expose pharmacy students to various opportunities in the first few years of school. Interns will cultivate professional relationships, speaking skills, and writing skills.
Internship Dates: June 1, 2022 - July 1, 2022
- Dedicate 8 hours each week during the 4-week internship. (32 cumulative hours).
- Meet in Lincoln, Nebraska at the NPA office for internship orientation (or conclusion). Complete the remaining hours virtually.
- Communicate with the internship coordinator regularly.
- Participate in professional meetings with the pharmaceutical industry, non-direct patient care, and/or non-traditional pharmacy professionals. At these meetings, students will be able to ask questions and gain insight on the daily duties of a pharmacist in these professional practice areas.
- Host a webinar or in-person presentation: “What can you do with a PharmD?” summarizing professional interactions during the internship and different career paths.
- Write a pharmacy article that will be featured in the NPA Journal, the Nebraska Mortar & Pestle.
- Must be a student member of the NPA.
- Have a grade point average of 3.0 or higher. (Verification will be completed by the NPA)
- Successfully completed a P2 year of pharmacy school at an ACPE accredited pharmacy program.
- In good standing with a pharmacy college/school.
Project Coordinator, Amy Holman, at email@example.com. The essay and resume should be sent in a PDF format, the title should be “Firstname.Lastname.NPA.”
- Letter of Intent.
- Resume with contact information for two references.
- The essay must be at least 500 words describing your interest in the internship program, and how this opportunity will benefit your pharmacy career. You may exceed the recommended length if necessary.
Wednesday, March 9, 2022
4:30 pm (CT)
"The NPA Summer Internship provided me an incredible opportunity to meet and have conversations with many inspiring pharmacists in different pharmacy settings, including managed care, clinical research, informatics, and more. The knowledge I learned through those conversations is unique and priceless, giving me a better understanding of the pharmacy profession's dynamic and how impactful a pharmacist's role can be."
2021 Student Intern, Vy Do, PharmD Candidate 2023, Creighton University School of Pharmacy & Health Professions
"The NPA Internship opened my eyes to the multitude of career opportunities a pharmacist can pursue upon graduation. A pharmacist has the opportunity to work as the medication expert on a multidisciplinary team to directly impact the clinical development, regulations, sales, and marketing involved when bringing a drug product to market.”
2021 Student Intern, Hannah Durant, PharmD Candidate 2023, Creighton University School of Pharmacy & Health Professions