News & Events
Curtis Triplitt, PharmD, from the Texas Diabetes Institute will discuss the challenges faced in managing the growing population of patients with T2D and the critical role of the pharmacist in the management of T2D. He will evaluate head-to-head data for Rybelsus (semaglutide) tablets 7 mg or 14 mg from pivotal glycemic control PIONEER trials (including vs Januvia and vs Jardiance) and safety data from the Rybelsus cardiovascular outcomes trial, PIONEER 6. Dr. Triplitt will also examine results from pharmacokinetics and drug interaction studies that support details of dosing and administration of once-daily Rybelsus for the treatment of adults with T2D to improve glycemic control.
OSHA Live Training Webinar
If you are a pharmacist providing immunizations or CLIA-waived testing services, or a pharmacy technician or other health care professional assisting with these services, you must have live OSHA training on bloodborne pathogens every year or could face fines of up to $90,000. The Tennessee Pharmacists Research and Education Foundation is offering a webinar that meets all of OSHA’s training requirements, including the live component. To receive the $40 NPA Member rate, register as a Non-member and enter the promo code ‘OSHA21’ at checkout. Visit the Tenessee Pharmacists Association for registration information
Do you have issues about your pharmacy workplace, but you don’t feel like you can voice your concerns?
- September 28 - Noon & 6:00 PM (CT)
- October 13 - Noon & 6:00 PM (CT)
- October 19 - Noon & 6:00 PM (CT)
- October 27 - Noon & 6:00 PM (CT)
The APhA and NASPA have developed a landmark national state-based pharmacy workplace survey. Your responses will provide aggregated data needed to learn how state laws and regulations, along with pharmacy policies and procedures, may be adding stressors to the work life of pharmacy personnel that may lead to patient safety issues. We’ve heard that pharmacists are reluctant to discuss workplace issues for fear of retaliation from their employers. This survey is 100% anonymous. Your individual survey response will be included in a nationwide database that will be held centrally and confidentially. Just 10 minutes is all it takes to complete the Pharmacy Workplace Survey
. Don’t just wish you were heard - actually be heard!
October is Pharmacists Month
How do you plan to celebrate in your pharmacy, with your pharmacy staff, and your patients? Start planning your celebrations now. Take pride in being a pharmacist, pharmacy technician, or pharmacist intern. Not just in October, but every day. We are proud of you and all that you do!
Social Media Campaign Hashtags: #PharmacistsMonth, #APhM2021, #PharmacistsCare
Statewide Naloxone Program
The NPA's partnership with Nebraska pharmacies, the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services Division of Behavioral Health, and Local Behavioral Health Region Systems allows family members, friends of a person at risk of opioid overdose, or the person at risk of opioid overdose themselves to access naloxone nasal spray at no cost. This program has the potential to save lives in Nebraska. Pharmacies participating in the program include:
- Alliance Community Pharmacy, 315 Box Butte Ave, Alliance
- Dave's Pharmacy, 223 Box Butte Ave, Alliance
- Clabaugh Pharmacy, 5001 Court St, Beatrice
- Deines Pharmacy, 910 E Court St, Beatrice
- Mark's U-Save Pharmacy, 624 Patterson, Cambridge
- Safeway Pharmacy, 230 Morehead St, Chadron
- Columbus Communtiy Hospital, 4600 38th St, Columbus
- Kubat Pharmacy, 350 W 23rd St, Fremont
- Dave's Pharmacy, 508 Niobrara Ave, Hemingford
- Adams Drug, 513 Broadway, Imperial
- U-Save Pharmacy, 3611 2nd Ave, Kearney
- Valley Pharmacy, 211 W 33rd St, Kearney
- Hy-Vee Pharmacy, 5010 O St, Lincoln
- Kohll's Rx, 808 N 27th St, Lincoln
- Kohll's Rx, 12741 Q St, Omaha
- Kohll's Rx, 5002 Dodge St, Omaha
- Kubat Pharmacy, 4924 Center St, Omaha
- Nebraska Medicine Outpatient Pharmacy, 4014 Leavenworth St, Omaha
- Regional West Health Services Outpatient Pharmacy, 3911 Avenue B Ste M200, Scottsbluff
- Seward Family Pharmacy, 250 N Columbia Ave, Seward
- U-Save Pharmacy, 3851 Guildford St Ste D, Waverly
- Providence Community Pharmacy, 803 Providence Rd Ste 101, Wayne
- Charlie's U-Save Pharmacy, 2029 Lincoln Avenue, York
NPA would like to thank Novo Nordisk for its support and its Rethink Obesity work. Rethink Obesity is a comprehensive collection of patient materials, tools, and tips to help health care professionals develop and support patients' weight-loss and management goals.
The NPA supports NESP (Nebraska Enhanced Services Pharmacies), an affiliate of CPESN, that enables the provision of patient-centered enhanced services by the local community pharmacies through a participation network that share sustainable practice approaches and advocates for business strategies consistent with supporting these services.