News & Events
Joni Cover, Chief Executive Officer
Marcia Mueting, Vice President of Professional Affairs
Sarah Hunter, Drug Disposal Project Coordinator
Diane Webb, Finance & Marketing Manager
NOTICE: The NPA office is closed.
We will be working from home and answering emails. Reach us by one of the email links listed below.
NPA COVID-19 Information, Resources, and Updates
The NPA COVID-19 webpage can be reached by logging into your NPA member profile, then clicking "Resources" and then COVID-19. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions for this resource page or for the NPA staff
, please let us know.
- Potential connections between ACE-inhibitor/ARB therapy and COVID-19 disease.
- Facts and myths related to the use of NSAIDs in COVID-19 and attempts to explore the source of the confusion about whether or not it is safe to use NSAIDs in patients with COVID-19.
- A broad overview of COVID-19.
- The role of two older antimalarial drugs in COVID-19. One drug that has rapidly captured the world’s attention is chloroquine and its close relative, hydroxychloroquine. Join APhA experts as we explore the science behind the drug, and attempt to separate truth from fiction in this rapidly changing series of events.
Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support Program (DSMES) and Business Management
How to Engage Your Senators - You Can Make a Difference
Hypoglycemia in the 21st Century: Fixing and Reducing the Lows
Delivering Medication Therapy Management (MTM) Services
The Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)'s Division of Behavioral Health has teamed up with the NPA and Region V Systems for a pilot project that will distribute free naloxone nasal spray kits in southeastern Nebraska with the goal to eventually take the program statewide. Three pharmacies are participating in the pilot project:
- Hy-Vee Pharmacy, 5010 O Street, Lincoln
- Hyrum's Family Value Pharmacy, 2115 14th Street, Auburn
- Kohll's/Wagey Drug 808 N 27th Street, Lincoln
to see the press release.
Nebraska Naloxone Standing Order
Although Neb. Rev. Stat. Sec. 28-470 may allow pharmacists to dispense naloxone without a prescription, if a prescription is desired, the Nebraska Naloxone Standing Order signed by Dr. Janine Bergerac Fromm, Executive Medical Officer, can be used in place of a prescription, pursuant to Neb. Rev. Stat. Sec. 38-2840
. Login to your NPA member profile to download the latest standing order signed on August 8, 2019. Educational materials about naloxone can be found at http://dhhs.ne.gov/Pages/Drug-Overdose-Prevention-Naloxone.aspx