News & Events
Joni Cover, Chief Executive Officer
Marcia Mueting, Vice President of Professional Affairs
Sarah Hunter, Drug Disposal Project Coordinator
Diane Webb, Finance & Marketing Manager
NOTICE: The NPA office may be closed at times.
We will be working from home and answering emails. Please reach us by one of the email links listed below.
The NPA COVID-19 webpage can be reached by logging into your NPA member profile, then clicking "Resources" and then COVID-19. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions for this resource page or for the NPA staff
, please let us know.
Information about the availability of remdesivir
Managed Care Organization Temporary Suspension of Medicaid Copayments
The next member COVID-19 teleconference call is Wednesday, June 3, 2020. Watch your email for COVID-19 updates.
APhA COVID-19 Free Resources and Training
- Potential connections between ACE-inhibitor/ARB therapy and COVID-19 disease.
- Facts and myths related to the use of NSAIDs in COVID-19 and attempts to explore the source of the confusion about whether or not it is safe to use NSAIDs in patients with COVID-19.
- A broad overview of COVID-19.
- The role of two older antimalarial drugs in COVID-19. One drug that has rapidly captured the world’s attention is chloroquine and its close relative, hydroxychloroquine. Join APhA experts as we explore the science behind the drug, and attempt to separate truth from fiction in this rapidly changing series of events.
The Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)'s Division of Behavioral Health has teamed up with the NPA and Region V Systems for a pilot project that will distribute free naloxone nasal spray kits in southeastern Nebraska with the goal to eventually take the program statewide. Two pharmacies are participating in the pilot project:
- Hy-Vee Pharmacy, 5010 O Street, Lincoln
- Kohll's Rx 808 N 27th Street, Lincoln
to see the press release.
Non-Direct Patient Care Internship
The NPA has two virtual, unpaid internship positions available for pharmacy students at an ACPE accredited pharmacy program. During this 4 week program, students will be able to meet with two individuals from managed care, industry research and development, industry commercial, industry medical, and medical information fields of pharmacy practice. The goal of this internship is to expose pharmacy students to various opportunities in the first few years of school. Interns will cultivate professional relationships, speaking skills, and writing skills. The internship dates are June 8, 2020 - July 3, 2020. For more information, view the application
information or email NPA Project Coordinator, Sarah Hunter, at email@example.com